Week # 2 - Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps - 4 Days / 10 Hours per day
- Review the theory of operation of the Dometic and Coleman brands and models of the RV air conditioners and heat pumps.
- Identify the thermostats and temperature controls used in today’s RVs.
- Learn to read the wiring diagrams for the current models
- Identify the various test points for the low voltage controls and the 120 volt AC power voltages of these units.
- Involves component identification
- Learn detailed circuit and component testing
- Learn to troubleshoot:
- Fan motors
- Start and run capacitors
- PTCR (starter relay)
- Overload thermal protection switches
- Freeze control thermistors
- Reversing valves
- Control modules and thermostats
- Manual selector switches
Final Exam will require hands-on troubleshooting and repairing of defective Air Conditioners. Requires a passing Grade of 70% or better to receive credit for this class.
Continue Your RV Technical Training...
Get Registered Today!