PLEASE NOTE:You must be a graduate of the Basic RV Maintenance Course in order to attend any of the advanced courses.
Advanced Training - Week # 3 - RV Absorption Refrigerators – 5 Days / 10 Hours per day
- Review the theory of operation of the propane and electrical circuits of the Dometic and Norcold brands of the RV absorption type of refrigerators.
- Identify the various temperature controls used to maintain the cooling of the freezer and refrigerator areas.
- Learn to read the wiring diagrams for the current models
- Identify and troubleshoot the 12 volts DC and 120 volt AC test points along with the propane function of the circuit board operation.
- Component Identification
- Troubleshooting Procedures on:
- Temperature controls
- Circuit board operations
- Heating element(s)
- LP gas ignition system
- Air flow issues that affect the cooling of absorption type of refrigerators. switches
- Diagnose operation of the cooling coil
- Remove and replace the cooling coil
Final Exam will require hands-on troubleshooting and repairing of defective RV Absorption Refrigerators. Requires a passing Grade of 70% or better to receive credit for this class.