Week # 3 - RV Absorption Refrigerators – 4 Days / 10 Hours per day
- Review the theory of operation of the Dometic and Coleman brands and models of the RV air conditioners and heat pumps
- Identify the thermostats and temperature controls used in today’s RVs
- Learn to read the wiring diagrams for the current models
- Identify the various test points for the low voltage controls and the 120 volt AC power voltages of these units
- Component Identification
- Troubleshooting Procedures on:
- Temperature controls
- Circuit board operations
- Heating element(s)
- LP gas ignition system
- Air flow issues that affect the cooling of absorption type of refrigerators. switches
- Diagnose operation of the cooling coil
- Remove and replace the cooling coil
Final Exam will require hands-on troubleshooting and repairing of defective RV Absorption Refrigerators. Requires a passing Grade of 70% or better to receive credit for this class.
Continue Your RV Technical Training...
Get Registered Today!