Last updated November 10, 2020
This privacy statement explains how and why NRVTA collects, stores, uses, and shares personal data when you visit our websites or use our services. Reading it will help you understand your privacy rights and choices.
“Personal data” in this statement means information about you, including your identity, your history of purchases on our websites, any information you've submitted to us through our websites, and your online behavior.
“NRVTA” in this statement means National RV Training Academy, LLC located at 9024 U.S. HWY 175 W, Athens, Texas 75751.
Your privacy rights and choices
When it comes to how your personal data is collected, stored, used, and shared, you have rights and choices.
Understanding your rights
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we’ve collected about you in the past 12 months. You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data we have collected about you. If you want to see or delete your personal data, contact us. We will not deny you services, charge you different prices, or provide you with a different level of service solely for exercising your privacy rights.
If you request to see or delete your personal data, we’ll first need to verify who you are before we can respond to your request. If we can’t verify your identity, we will not be able to fulfill your request.
If you want to delete your personal data, you can call or email us and request that we delete specific information
If you request that we delete personal data, we still need to keep some personal data so we can:
- Provide goods or services you requested
- Detect and prevent malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- Protect your (or another person’s) legal rights, including the right to free speech
- Manage our internal business processes
- Comply with laws
Depending on where you live, you may have different rights and choices for managing your personal data.
Understanding your choices
You may choose to limit the personal data you provide when our apps or services request it. To help make choices that are right for you, it’s important to understand that personal data helps us provide a richer, more personalized experience for you. Also, some personal data is required for our services to function at all.
For example, if you choose not to provide information that is required for an account to function, like your name and email address, we will not be able to create an account for you.
Choose how we communicate with you
Your choices about how we communicate with you via email differ depending on the purpose of the message and how it is delivered. Some messages are considered optional and some are necessary for you to manage your accounts with us.
You can click the unsubscribe link in a marketing email. But, you won’t be able to opt out of messages that are considered necessary for you to manage your account, such as receipts and emails that alert you to changes in your account’s status that require your attention.
The personal data we collect
We may collect your personal data when you register for or use our services, such as when you create an account, make a payment, or make a purchase on our website.
If you use our services without creating or logging into an account, we’ll still collect personal data, which may include your payment information, device information, and location. When you use our services without creating or logging into an account, we will use this information to process transactions, prevent fraud and comply with the law. We may connect this information with your account, if you have one or if you create an account at a later date.
Here are the kinds of personal data that we may collect when you create an account or use our services:
1. Information that identifies you, for example:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- IP address
- Information collected from cookies or other tracking technologies
2. Financial information depending on how you pay for products and services, for example:
- Credit and debit card information
- Bank account information
3. Commercial information, for example:
- Online shopping cart information
- Purchase history
4. Internet or network activity, for example:
- Interactions with our services or sites
5. Geolocation data, for example:
- IP-based geolocation
6. Information we infer based on your personal data, for example:
- Fraud and risk assessments
- Personalization preferences
Why we collect personal data
We collect personal data for many reasons, including to improve your experience, and to run our business. Specific reasons why we collect your personal data include:
- Run our sites and provide better services, for example to help you make purchases, show you your account information, verify access to your account, and keep your account and payment information up to date.
- Protect our business and our customers from risk and fraud, including fraud that involves our business partners
- Send you marketing information about our products and services. We may use personal data to market about our partners. We use personal data to better understand and cater to your interests.
- Personalize your experience when you use our sites and services, as well as other third-party sites and services. In this case, we might use tracking technologies like cookies. .
- Contact you when you need us, such as answering a question you sent to our customer service team.
- Comply with laws and enforce our agreements with you and other people who use our services.
How and why we share personal data
We do not sell your personal data. However, we may share personal data across our services. Sometimes we share the personal data we collect with third parties to help us provide services, protect our customers from risk and fraud, market our products, and comply with legal obligations.
We may share personal data with:
- Business partners of the NRVTA
- Service providers that help us with processing payments, marketing, research, compliance, audits, corporate governance, communications, and security
- Card networks and payment processors such as Stripe and PayPal
- Financial institutions in the instance where you have chosen to pay via bank transfer
- Courts, governments, regulators and law enforcement when accompanied by a subpoena or other legal documentation that requires NRVTA to respond
- Other third parties to:
- Comply with laws
- Investigate or enforce violations of our user agreement
- Facilitate a merger, purchase, or sale of part or all of our business
- Comply with card association rules
- To prevent physical harm or illegal activity
How we protect your personal data
Helping to keep your personal data safe against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration is our top priority.
To protect your personal data, we use technical, physical, and administrative security measures that include:
- Data encryption
- Physical access controls at our facility
While we protect our systems and services, you’re responsible for keeping your password(s) and account information private. You are also responsible for making sure your personal information is accurate and up to date.
If your account is closed, we may keep your personal data and other information as required by law and according to our data retention policy. If we do, we’ll continue to handle it as we describe in this statement.
How this statement changes over time
We’ll make changes to this privacy statement from time to time. This helps us stay up to date with changes to our business and the most current laws. After a new version is published, we’ll collect, store, use, and protect your personal data as we outline in that revised statement.
We will notify you about these changes through email or other communications.
If you have questions about this privacy statement or your personal data, contact us so we can help.
Call customer service at (903) 386-0444
Emal customer service by submitting the Contact Us form.