Last updated November 10, 2020
Refunds will be handled on a case by case basis. A full refund minus a 3% transaction fee will be made to any student who cancels their registration prior to the commencement of the course.* No refunds will be administered once the student starts the course. A student may opt to attend another course at a later date instead of forfeiting their tuition fee.
The effective date of termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following:
- the date of termination if the student is terminated by the NRVTA
- the date of receipt of written notice from the student
Refunds for items of extra expense to the student, such as books, tools, or other supplies are to be handled at the student’s expense. The student will not be required to purchase instructional supplies, books and tools for specific coursework; however, the student will need to consider these items should they wish to engage in further employment and/or sit for qualification exams.
A full refund of all tuition and fees may be available if the student is called to active duty in a military service of the United States or the Texas National Guard. In this case, the student may elect one of the following options for each program in which the student is enrolled:
- if tuition and fees are collected in advance of the withdrawal, a pro rata refund of any tuition, fees, or other charges paid by the student for the program and a cancellation of any unpaid tuition, fees, or other charges owed by the student for the portion of the program the student does not complete following withdrawal; or
- a grade of incomplete with the designation "withdrawn-military" for the courses in the program, other than courses for which the student has previously received a grade, and the right to re-enroll in the program, or a substantially equivalent program if that program is no longer available, not later than the first anniversary of the date the student is discharged from active military duty without payment of additional tuition, fees, or other charges for the program other than any previously unpaid balance of the original tuition, fees, and charges for books for the program; or
- the assignment of an appropriate final grade or credit for the courses in the program, but only if the instructor or instructors of the program determine that the student has:
- satisfactorily completed at least 90 percent of the required coursework for the program; and
- demonstrated enough mastery of the program material to receive credit for completing the program.
*Some programs, courses, and seminars provide instant access to pre-course training materials upon registration. For these specific programs, courses, and seminars, cancellation requests will be handled on a case by case basis and will be determined by how much of the material the student has accessed as recorded by our online pre-course training materials web portal. 0 to 10% of content accessed = Full Refund minus a 3% fee; 11% to 50% of content accessed = 75% Refund; 51% to 100% of content accessed = 50% Refund.